Can A Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Help Me Obtain Benefits and A Settlement Award?
Over 30 years of experience. Over $100 million recovered for clients.
Can a workers’ compensation lawyer help me obtain benefits and a settlement award?
Getting a workers’ compensation claim approved is not a quick—or easy—process. However, a worker’s compensation lawyer can help you get workers’ comp benefits approved, plus obtain a settlement award on your behalf more quickly for several reasons.
Workers’ compensation lawyers understand the process
If you have been injured on the job, you are probably aware that you may qualify for workers’ compensation benefits, but you might not know where to begin. An attorney who regularly handles workers’ comp claims has an in-depth understanding of the process and will get started on your claim right away. This way, you will not have to take the time to learn about the process before filing your claim.
Worker’s compensation lawyers know how to prepare your claim effectively
The workers’ compensation system is an insurance-based program. Employers are required to purchase workers’ compensation insurance. When you file a claim, it will be the insurance company that ends up paying your benefits on behalf of your employer. Insurance companies handle thousands of these claims every month and have developed a strict system for submitting claims. When you work with an attorney, they will know exactly what is needed to submit your claim and what evidence to present to the insurance company.
Workers’ compensation lawyers understand the insurance industry
Filing a workers’ compensation claim does not guarantee that you will receive the full amount of benefits you deserve. Insurance companies routinely deny injured workers’ claims or try to settle their claims for less than the claim is worth. If you insist on receiving the maximum amount of benefits you are entitled to (which you should do!), negotiating with the insurance company can slow things down. By working with a workers’ compensation lawyer familiar with the insurance industry and how to negotiate with insurance companies effectively, you can expedite the process.
If you have been injured in a New Jersey workplace accident, reach out to the Todd J. Leonard Law Firm for immediate assistance. We offer free consultations to accident victims and accept workers’ comp cases on a contingency basis, meaning there is never a fee unless we can help you obtain benefits and a settlement award on your behalf. You can reach us at 973-920-7900 or through our online form.
Other Workers’ Compensation FAQs:
- Am I Allowed to Choose My Doctors For My Workplace Injury in New Jersey?
- Am I Eligible For Workers’ Compensation If I Am Hurt While Working From Home in New Jersey?
- Are Longshore Workers Eligible For Workers’ Compensation in New Jersey?
- Are Minors Entitled to Workers’ Compensation Benefits?
- Are Minors Injured in a Work-Related Accident Eligible to Receive Workers’ Compensation Benefits in New Jersey?
- Are Workers’ Compensation Benefits Taxable?
- Can A Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Help Me Obtain Benefits and A Settlement Award?
- Can I Reopen My Workers’ Compensation Case?
- Do I Need A Doctor’s Approval to Return to Work?
- How Does a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Get Paid If the Injured Worker Is Totally Disabled in New Jersey?
- How Does A Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Get Paid?
- How Much Do Workers’ Compensation Lawyers charge in New Jersey?
- How Much Does a Lawyer Make Off of a Workers’ Compensation Claim?
- How Much Does a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Charge in New Jersey?
- I Was Terminated While Out of Work Due to an On-the Job Injury; What Are My Rights?
- If My Spouse or Parent Dies Due to a Work-Related Injury or Illness in New Jersey, Am I Entitled to Any Death Benefits?
- Is My Injury Considered A Permanent Partial Disability?
- Since I Cannot Perform the Job I Did Before the Injury, Can I Return to Work in a Different Capacity, and How Would That Impact Future Compensation?
- The Workers’ Compensation Doctor Has Released Me For Light Duty Work, But My Employer Told Ne There Is No Light Duty Work Available. What Should I Do?
- What Do I Do If I Get into a New Jersey Car Accident While Working?
- What Does A Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Do For You?
- What Does A Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Do?
- What Does A Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Need to Know?
- What Does AWW Mean Under Workers’ Comp? (Average Weekly Wage)
- What Does FCE Mean Under Workers’ Comp? (Functional Capacity Evaluation)
- What Does IME Mean in Workers’ Comp? (Independent Medical Examination)
- What Does MMI Mean in Workers’ Comp? (Maximum Medical Improvement)
- What Does PPD Mean in Workers’ Comp? (Permanent Partial Disability)
- What Does TTD Mean in Workers’ Comp? (Temporary Total Disability)
- What Happens When Using A Lawyer For A Workers’ Compensation Claim?
- What Happens When You Get A Workers’ Compensation Lawyer?
- What Is A Workers’ Compensation Lawyer?
- What Kind of Information Does A Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Need From You?
- What Should I Do If My Employer Refuses to Open Up a Workers’ Compensation Claim?
- What To Do If Your Employer Will Not Report Your New Jersey Accident to the Workers’ Compensation Carrier?
- What to Expect in Your Free Consultation with a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer?
- What Type of Documents Do I Need to Sign to Allow My Workers’ Compensation Lawyer to Accept My Settlement?
- What Will A New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Attorney Do For Me?
- What Workers’ Comp Benefits Can I Receive If I’m Unable to Work or Return to Work?
- When Do I Need A New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Lawyer?
- When Do Workers’ Compensation Payments Stop?
- When To Get A Lawyer For TBI Workers’ Compensation?
- When To Get A Workers’ Compensation Lawyer?
- While I Was Out of Work as a Result of a Work-Related Injury My Employer Terminated Me. Is This Legal?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer to File a Workers’ Compensation Claim?
- Why Do I Need A Lawyer to File For New Jersey Workers’ Compensation?
- Why Should I Have A Workers’ Compensation Lawyer?
A proven track record of success
Request a Free Consultation
Being injured or having a family member injured can have serious and lifelong consequences. We can try to ease the burden. Contact us today to learn more about how our team of experienced New Jersey accident attorneys can support you through these challenging times.