Over 30 years of experience. Over $100 million recovered for clients.
New Jersey Product Liability Attorneys
NEW JERSEY PRODUCT LIABILITY: TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Types of Product Liability Claims
- Industrial and Workplace Product Defects
- Defective Household Product Claims
- Contact a New Jersey Product Liability Lawyer
When you buy a product or are prescribed a medication, there is a reasonable expectation the product will be safe for you to use. This is how it pans out most of the time, but there are instances where dangerous products make it to store shelves and into the pharmacies. There are numerous safety regulations in place to reduce the chances of dangerous products making it to the public, but sometimes serious defects are overlooked.
Despite all the government testing and consumer warnings, innocent people are injured and killed daily by dangerous products and defective drugs. Whether the harm was caused by a manufacturing defect or a failure to warn of possible side effects, our New Jersey product liability lawyers can fight to obtain compensation for your pain and suffering. At the Todd J. Leonard Law Firm, we have extensive experience protecting clients injured by dangerous products.
Defective or dangerous products pose a risk often not seen until it is too late. Product liability cases allow people to hold the manufacturers accountable for cutting corners in safety in favor of releasing a more profitable product. Product defects can appear in many situations, and making sure manufacturers are liable for their misdeeds is an important way to help prevent these kinds of situations from arising again.
A proven track record of success
Types of Product Liability Claims
Product liability claims can come in many forms. We provide free initial consultations on claims involving the following types of defective products:
Defective Consumer Products or Manufacturing Flaws
- Manufacturing equipment
- Processing plants
- Conveyor systems
- Roundup weed killer
- Talcum Powder (Johnson & Johnson baby powder or Shower to Shower; also Cashmere Bouquet) - We will consider cases where the client has 4 yrs + consistent use of talcum powder and was diagnosed with serous or serous invasive ovarian and/or endometroid/fallopian tube cancer as the primary cancer where the client’s BRCA gene test is negative or unknown. Strong preference for age under 70 yrs old.We are also reviewing Mesothelioma diagnosis after talcum powder use.
- Transvaginal mesh implant
- Zimmer NexGen knee implants
- Hip Replacement - DePuy, Biomet
- Hip Implants - Wright MOM, DePuy Pinnacle MOM hip implants
- IVC Filter (inferior vena cava filter- used to keep blood clots from traveling to lungs or heart)
- Transvaginal Mesh (”TVM”)
- Metal-on-metal hip implants
- 3M Military Ear Plugs - We are looking at military personnel with diagnosis of tinnitus or hearing loss and a VA Disabiity rating for the hearing injury, who used of 3M combat arms dual-ended earplugs during military service and were exposed to explosives or gunfire between 2003 to 2016.
- Hernia Mesh (specific brands) - We are not taking any hiatal hernia matters. We are considering hernia mesh implants where the person has had revision surgery due to failure/defect in the mesh itself. The date of implant needs to be recent enough that we can secure the product ID info from the surgical implant report and we can also review the revision reports. If someone had infection onset in the mesh within 3 weeks of implant, we will not be able to consider the case.We are considering the following types of hernia mesh products (note, this list includes both cases we would file and those we would refer out):Ethicon:
◦ Proceed (taking some of these)
◦ Prolene Hernia System (PHS)
Covidien/Medtronic: (Formerly Tyco)
- Parietex (many types)
- C-Qur (Lap – no FX)
- Composix EX
- 3D Max (no 3D Max Lite)
- Perfix Plug
- Bard Mesh
We are looking at cases where the client has used a brand name (no generic)
Most Common Product Liability Injuries
From seatbelts, airbags, toys, industrial equipment, household products, and pharmaceutical drugs, products that cause injury or adverse reactions pose a risk to the public. The most common product liability injuries suffered from defective products are:
- Choking Injury
- Burn Injury
- Organ Failure
- Head Injury
- Bone Fractures
Industrial and Workplace Product Defects
It is important to note that if you or your loved one was injured or killed on the job by dangerous machinery, such as during construction or in a factory, or exposed to dangerous or deadly fumes, vapor, or gases, there may be additional third party or workers' compensation claims involved concurrently. We have the experience to handle your entire case; our New Jersey defective products lawyers have successfully handled hundreds of product liability cases.
Industrial product defects injure and kill thousands of individuals annually. Manufacturers have a duty to their customers to provide them with safe products that have guidelines for correct usage highlighting any dangers that could exist. Industrial products are as varied as the businesses and manufacturers that utilize them. Industrial, construction, and manufacturing jobs may involve equipment that can pose a risk, even if they are used correctly. Examples of industrial and office product liability include:
Construction equipment defects
Insulation hazards, like asbestos
Defective industrial equipment
Deficient safety equipment
Products that cause ergonomic injuries
Defective Household Product Claims
Household products that do not meet standard safety requirements are a common cause of serious injury in the United States. Manufacturers of consumer products have a duty to protect their customers from injury by including how to use the product according to directions and supplying warnings about potential dangers. If the products supplied to consumers do not have explicit warnings and instructions on their labels and the person using the product is injured, it is possible to file a product defect liability claim against the manufacturer.
If you or a loved one has been injured due to a consumer product that was defective, or a faulty product design, you could receive compensation if it resulted in injury, permanent disability, or wrongful death. The manufacturer has a responsibility to properly test and label items that are sold to consumers.
Everyone has the right to feel safe and secure in their own home. Common product defects that can lead to serious injury, illness, or death include:
Faulty electrical wiring
Toxic toys & toys the pose a choking hazard
Unsafe food and dangerous drugs
Flammable furniture & clothing
Any product that failed to provide adequate warnings of potential dangers
Contact a New Jersey Product Liability Lawyer
If you have been injured by a defective product or machine, it is important that you contact the New Jersey product liability attorneys of the Todd J. Leonard Law Firm. We provide free initial consultations, Spanish bilingual legal services, and work on a contingency fee basis. With no risk to you, you can have your case evaluated and we can advise you about your rights. When you hire our experienced New Jersey defective product lawyers, you will get a whole team of legal professionals working for you. Call us at (973) 920-7900 today to discuss your case.
Work With a Certified Civil Trial Lawyer
Our lead New Jersey product liability attorney, Todd Leonard, has been assisting personal injury clients with product liability claims for over 30 years. As a Certified Civil Trial Attorney, he has received a number of awards and accolades for his work. At the Todd J. Leonard Law Firm, our New Jersey defective products lawyers have obtained millions of dollars in compensation for injury victims and recently achieved a settlement of over 20 million dollars in one case.