New Jersey Personal Injury Attorney Near Overlook Medical Center, Summit
Are you or your loved one being treated at Overlook Medical Center? Have you been seriously injured in a car accident, which involved a drunk or distracted driver, or in a crash with an 18-wheeler truck?
If you have been seriously injured in an accident, it is important to contact an experienced personal injury attorney. The Todd J. Leonard Law Firm is available to discuss your case and how to proceed with a personal injury lawsuit to obtain compensation.
Call for your free consultation to find out your legal rights and how you may be able to recover compensation for your injuries. Do not call an insurance company first. Always make certain you have enough legal information first to make an informed decision about what is needed to recover compensation.
Contact an experienced New Jersey personal injury lawyer to find out about obtaining fair and equitable compensation for your injuries. There is never a fee unless we obtain a recovery or win your case.
Overlook Medical Center Location
Overlook Medical Center, was founded in 1906 by 26-year-old Dr. William Henry Lawrence Jr. He purchased property on the “highest point in Summit” overlooking the Baltusrol Valley and only ten minutes from the train station on foot.
The hospital started with 42 beds, an operating room and an x-ray facility. The hospital policy was to care for “all proper and deserving cases whether able to pay or not, and to take emergency cases at all times.” The hospital now has 504 beds. It is located at 99 Beauvoir Ave, Summit, New Jersey, which is conveniently located near the Headquarters of the Todd J. Leonard Law Firm at 3010 Route 10 West, Denville, New Jersey.
Overlook Medical Center Clinical Quality Safety Record with data provided by healthgrades.com:
- Overlook Medical Center has received hospital quality awards in the following areas: America’s 100 Best Hospitals Award in 2017, 2018; Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence in 2016, 2017 and 2018; and the Women’s Health Excellence Award in 2014 and 2015.
- Overlook Medical Center has received clinical quality awards in the following areas: American’s 100 Best Hospitals for Critical Care Award in 2016, 2017 and 2018; America’s 100 Best Hospitals for General Surgery Award in 2017 and 2018; America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Stroke Care Award in 2016, 2017 and 2018; Bariatric Surgery Excellence Award in 2017 and 2018; the Cranial Neurosurgery Excellence Award in 2018; Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award for 2017 and 2018; Neurosciences Excellence Award for 2016, 2017 and 2018; and the Pulmonary Care Excellence Award in 2018.
- Overlook Medical Center has had one incident of foreign objects left in the body during a surgery or procedure.
- Spinal fusion: Spinal fusion is a procedure surgically joining of two bones in the neck/back to treat pain due to spinal fracture, degenerative disc disease or abnormalities of the spine. This hospital received a three star rating out of five with an expected rate of complications ranked at 7.26 percent and the predicted rate at 7.9 percent. The national rate of complications is 9.65 percent with a predicated rate of 9.68 percent. The percentages are based on 179 hospital cases and 204 national cases.
- C-section delivery: C-section is a surgical incision in the mother’s abdomen and uterus during delivery. The rate of complications for this surgery at the Overlook Medical Center is at 3.47 percent. The statistics are based on 2,652 cases. The national expected rate of complications is at 3.42 percent.
- Gynecologic surgery: Gynecologic surgeries are procedures to remove one or both ovaries or fallopian tubes. This hospital has received a five star rating based on 194 cases. The complications rate at Overlook Medical Center falls at 2.06 percent which is lower than the predicted national complications rate of 5.78 percent.
Overlook Medical Center Reviews
Yelp: Users give Overlook Medical Center 2.5 out of 5 stars.
Google: Users give Overlook Medical Center 3.2 out of 5 stars.