Holiday Driving Tips: Staying Safe on the Road this Season
Posted on Tuesday, November 25th, 2014
The holiday season can be an especially dangerous time to be on the roads due to the large amounts of people travelling back and forth to see their families and loved ones. In fact, the time between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day brings millions of additional travelers to the road, which can cause added stress and risk for accident, especially with changing weather conditions.
Sadly, accordingly to the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) in 2012 416 people died intraffic accidents during the Thanksgiving period.
Ways to Stay Safe During Holiday Traffic
There are basic rules of the road that any driver should follow to stay safe. Namely, avoid drinking and driving, texting or using cell phones behind the wheel, and maintain the rules of the road at all times. During the holiday season, there are some additional rules a driver should follow to be prepared for anything holiday driving may have in store.Prepare for holiday driving this season by:
- Always wear your seat belt at all times.
- Take the vehicle to the mechanic to ensure everything is properly operating
- Prepare travel ahead of time and know how long it will take to get to a destination as well as the weather forecast
- Drive defensively, not aggressively
- Stay rested by getting a full night’s sleep and taking breaks when needed
- Keep supplies in the event of emergencies, such as water, food, shovel, flashlights, flares, jumper cables, blankets, and mobile phone charger
- Relax behind the wheel and don’t let other aggressive drivers and longer travel times cause you to make impulsive and potentially dangerous driving decisions.
- Never drink and drive
Certified Civil Trial Attorneys in New Jersey
If you or a loved one are involved in an accident during the holiday season, please call Todd J. Leonard Law Firm to discuss your auto accident. The New Jersey Personal Injury Lawyers at our firm have been serving New Jersey proudly for more than 45 years and are committed to doing their best for you and your family to obtain the compensation you deserve. We have been privileged to represent thousands of our clients and have recovered millions of dollars on their behalf.
Attorney Todd Leonard has been certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as Certified Civil Trial Lawyers and have been included in New Jersey’s Super Lawyers®. Both lawyers are members of The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers. As a result of the millions of dollars in settlements Attorney Todd Leonard has received for his clients, he is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum® and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®.
Our New Jersey Accident Lawyers are committed to providing the best possible personal injury representation for our clients and treat our clients like family. We are here to help you 24/7 and will never charge you a fee unless we obtain a recovery on your behalf.
Please call us now to schedule your risk-free, confidential consultation today.