April 3, 2014
What Should You Do Following a Motorcycle Accident?
After a serious motorcycle accident, you may be unsure on what to do next. First, you should ALWAYS make sure that everyone is safe and out of harm’s way. If anyone is injured or in need of medical attention, you should immediate call appropriate emergency personnel.
It is essential that you document the accident, including the following elements:
- Take as many photos as possible. Make sure you capture pictures of the intersection where the accident occurred, any signs nearby, both the motorcycle and/or cars involved, as well any damage that was caused.
- Capture photographs of ALL your injuries. Keep a record of photographs as you recover and take any pictures of your wheelchair, crutches, cast or other evidence of the severity of your injuries.
- Gather contact information from all witnesses. This not only includes those who may have witnessed the accident, it also means those who have witnessed your condition and medical treatment. Obtain their names, phone numbers, fax numbers, and email addresses.
- Be sure to ask for the official Accident Report from the respective law enforcement agency.
- Put together each party’s insurance information in as much detail as possible.
- Make a list of all emergency and medical personnel who responded at the scene of the accident. This could include highway patrol, police, ambulances, fire department, sheriff, etc. Additionally, do not forget to obtain information from any physicians, anesthesiologists, hospital nurses, therapists or any other medical provider who may have helped you in the time following your motorcycle accident.
Call the Todd J. Leonard Law Firm first
With over 25 years of experience, you can trust the lawyers at the Todd J. Leonard Law Firm. We will do our best to obtain maximum compensation for you and your loved ones. Our New Jersey motorcycle accident attorneys have worked closely with many experts to document and investigate the causes of motorcycle accident to determine all of the responsible parties. We have a team of accident investigators, accident reconstructionist and professional engineers to make sure that the circumstances surrounding your accident are properly investigated.
Not only is Todd Leonard Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney, but he has been included in the list of New Jersey Super Lawyers® in 2011 and 2013 & 2014. Attorney Todd Leonard is a Life Member of both the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum® for his work in recovering million dollar settlements for his clients. Call us at (973) 920-7900