Todd J. Leonard, Esq.
Founder, Todd J. Leonard, was born and raised in New Jersey and has dedicated his entire professional career to helping New Jersey personal injury victims and their families.
He has been admitted to the New Jersey Bar since 1988 and has extensive experience and a proven track record of success in handling all types of serious personal injury and catastrophic cases including traumatic brain injuries, burns, sexual assaults, fusions, amputations, and wrongful death lawsuits.
He was honored and privileged to work with his late father, the legendary New Jersey trial attorney, Alvin R. Leonard, for over 20 years on many serious personal injury cases and wrongful death lawsuits. He taught his son the valuable life lessons of hard work, treating his clients like family, and fighting zealously to help his clients obtain the justice they deserve.
Todd Leonard proudly continues the tradition of providing outstanding personal injury representation throughout New Jersey. He takes great pride in helping his clients when they need him the most and is relentless in helping his clients obtain numerous large settlements and verdicts.
He is Certified by The New Jersey Supreme Court as a Certified Civil Trial Attorney and is a Life Member of the Multi-Million and Million Dollars Advocates Forum. He has been honored to be selected by his peers for the list of New Jersey Super Lawyers® for 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017, and by the National Trial Lawyers as one of the “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” for Civil Litigation for 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016. Additionally, he serves on the Board of Trustees for TANJ (Trial Attorneys New Jersey), which is comprised of some of the best trial lawyers in the State of New Jersey.
Todd Leonard can get you the justice you deserve. Call (973) 920-7900 today!
Todd also recognizes the importance of giving back to the local community. He has been coaching the Morris County Special Olympics basketball program for over 15 years. As a result of his dedication to the community, he was honored to be selected as the Volunteer of the Year by the ARC of New Jersey and the ARC of Morris County in 2005. He also was instrumental in founding The Alvin R. Leonard Foundation, in honor of his late father, who mission is to help individuals and families battling pancreatic cancer.
- New Jersey State Bar
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware, 1988 Juris Doctor
- Syracuse University, 1985 Bachelor of Arts
Honors and Awards
- New Jersey Super Lawyers® 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017
- Recipient, Volunteer of the Year from the ARC of Morris County, 2005
- Recipient, Volunteer of the Year for the ARC for the State of New Jersey, 2005
- The National Trial Lawyers “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016
- 10.0 Superb Rating – Avvo
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Certified Civil Trial Attorney
- Life Member of the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums
- Union County Bar Association Member
- Morris County Bar Association Member
- AAJ of New Jersey Member
- New Jersey Association for Justice member ( NJAJ)
- Brain Injury Alliance of New Jersey Member (BIANJ)
- Board of Trustees Member of Trial Attorneys of New Jersey (TANJ)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
Pro Bono Activities
- Head Basketball Coach for the Special Olympics basketball program of Morris County for over 15 years
- Has been selected by the Arc of New Jersey as volunteer of the year in 2005 and by the Arc of Morris County as well in 2005
- Alvin R. Leonard Foundation – Helping individuals and families battling pancreatic cancer
- Product Liability and Auto Accident – $29,500,000
- Drunk Driving Accident – Amputation – $3,500,000
- Auto Accident – Road Defect – $2,940,000
- Workplace Construction Accident – $2,500,000
- Fall Down Accident – $2,250,000
- Automobile Accident Involving a State Vehicle – $1,800,000
- Fatal Apartment Fire: Wrongful Death – $1,500,000
- Auto Accident – Wrongful Death – $1,365,000
- Slip and Fall: Black Ice – $1,100,000
- Slip & Fall Accident – $1,000,000
- Fall Down Accident – $1,000,000