New Jersey Personal Injury Attorney Near Saint Barnabas Medical Center, Livingston
Are you or your loved one being treated at Saint Barnabas Medical Center? Have you been seriously injured in a car accident, slip and fall accident, a truck accident, motorcycle accident, bicycle or pedestrian accident, or been the victim of medical negligence, sustained a traumatic brain injury, had an illness misdiagnosed, or were injured on the job?
If you have been seriously injured in an accident, it is important to contact an experienced and knowledgeable personal injury attorney. The Todd J. Leonard Law Firm has years of experience handling personal injury cases and can readily discuss the details of your case and how to proceed with a lawsuit to obtain compensation.
Call for your free consultation to find out how you may be able to recover compensation for your injuries. Make certain you have enough legal information first to make an informed decision about what is needed to recover compensation by discussing your case with an attorney and not the insurance company.
Contact an experienced New Jersey personal injury lawyer first to find out about obtaining fair and equitable compensation for your injuries. There is never a fee unless we obtain a recovery or win your case.
Saint Barnabas Medical Center, Livingston
Saint Barnabas Medical Center was formerly known as Barnabas Health and Saint Barnabas Health Care System. It is a 577-bed non-profit, major teaching hospital and is the oldest non-sectarian hospital in New Jersey.
In 1865, the Ladies Society of Saint Barnabas House set up the Hospital of Saint Barnabas in a private home. The first patient, Eliza Titus, gave her small estate on McWhorter Street in Newark to create the first hospital. The Hospital of Saint Barnabas was first incorporated in 1867 and later moved to a larger location on High Street in 1869.
The hospital has been expanding ever since and is on 94 Old Short Hills Rd, Livingston, New Jersey, which is conveniently located near the Headquarters of the Todd J. Leonard Law Firm, at 3010 Route 10 West, Denville, New Jersey.
Saint Barnabas Medical Center Clinical Quality Safety Record with records provided by healthgrades.com:
- Saint Barnabas Medical Center has received hospital quality awards in the following areas: America’s 50 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery Award in 2016, 2017 and 2018; America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care, in 2017 and 2018; the Stroke Care Excellence Award in 2016, 2017 and 2018; the Coronary Intervention Excellence Award in 2017; the Labor and Delivery Excellence Award for 2017; the Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award in 2017 and the Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Surgery Award in 2016.
- Saint Barnabas Medical Center has had 2 incidents of foreign objects left in the body during a surgery or procedure.
- Appendectomy: This hospital has a complications rating of 8.62 percent, which is slightly higher than the predicted complications rating of 7.1 percent. The percentages are based on 290 cases in the hospital. The national average is based on 185 cases with an expected percentage of 8.14 percent and a predicted percentage rate of 8.15 percent.
- Spinal fusion: Spinal fusion is surgically joining two bones in the neck/back to treat pain due to spinal fracture, degenerative disc disease or abnormalities of the spine. This hospital received a three star rating out of five with an expected rate of complications ranked at 7.55 percent and the predicted rate at 8.97 percent. The national rate of complications is 9.65 percent with a predicated rate of 9.68 percent. The percentages are based on 106 hospital cases and 204 national cases.
- C-section delivery: A C-section delivery occurs through a surgical incision in a mother’s abdomen and uterus. The rate of complications during this procedure is ranked at 2.89 percent based on 6,324 cases. The expected rate of complications is 4.38 percent. This hospital received a five star rating in this area.
- Gynecologic surgery (hysterectomy): A hysterectomy is a procedure to remove a woman’s uterus. This hospital received a three star rating for this type of surgery based on its complication rate of 4.84 percent. This hospital received this rating based on 1321 cases. The predicted complication rate is 5.71 percent.
Saint Barnabas Medical Center Reviews
Yelp: Users give Saint Barnabas Medical Center 3 out of 5 stars.
Google: Users give Saint Barnabas Medical Center 3.8 out of 5 stars.