Bike and Pedestrian Accidents, Sidewalk Maintenance and Your Rights
Posted on Monday, December 31st, 2012
Poorly maintained roadways and walkways cause numerous accidents in New Jersey each year. Yet federal guidelines provide clear guidelines regarding both the desired state of driving and walking surfaces and how levels of maintenance should be accomplished. For instance, the U.S. Department of Transportation / Federal Highway Administration provides information on its website regarding:
- Sidewalk maintenance
- Maintenance assessment techniques
- Typical maintenance problems
- How agencies should provide maintenance information to area residents
- Sidewalk construction safety
If you have been injured as a biker or pedestrian on an unsafe surface in New Jersey, contact the personal injury law attorney of the law firm of the Todd J. Leonard Law Firm, in Morristown and Springfield, New Jersey.
For more than four decades we have worked to hold private and public property owners and managers accountable for unsafe conditions and resulting injuries. For instance:
- We obtained a $360,000 result for a man who was injured while walking due to dangerous snow and ice
- We achieved a $237,500 result for a young woman who was injured on poorly maintained steps
- We obtained a $250,000 result for a woman who was injured while walking on a poorly maintained sidewalk
- We achieved a $250,000 result for a client injured while walking in a federally owned post office
When preventable injuries occur because roadway and sidewalk safety standards are ignored, contact our firm for the knowledgeable and aggressive legal help needed to obtain the full compensation you deserve. Our consultations are free and we operate on a contingency fee basis.