Todd J. Leonard, Esq. Video Header
A Legacy Of Excellence
An unwavering commitment to our clients.
Todd J. Leonard, New Jersey Certified Trial Lawyer
I was born and raised in New Jersey and have devoted my entire professional career to helping New Jersey personal injury clients and their families to obtain the best possible results. I believe my passion, relentless drive and dedication to each individual case has resulted in our clients obtaining numerous large settlements and verdicts.
Call: (973) 920-7900 • No fee unless you win
Stay in touch:
a legacy of excellence
A legacy of excellence
Todd Leonard can get you the justice you deserve.
Todd has been admitted to the New Jersey Bar since 1988 and has extensive experience and a proven track record of success in handling all types of serious personal injury and catastrophic cases including traumatic brain injuries, burns, sexual assaults, fusions, amputations, and wrongful death lawsuits.
He was honored and privileged to work with his late father, the legendary New Jersey trial attorney, Alvin R. Leonard, for over 20 years on many serious personal injury cases and wrongful death lawsuits. He taught his son the valuable life lessons of hard work, treating his clients like family, and fighting zealously to help his clients obtain the justice they deserve.
Todd proudly continues the legacy of excellence of providing outstanding personal injury representation throughout New Jersey.
a legacy of excellence
Certified Trial Lawyer
Only 3 percent of the attorneys in New Jersey are certified.
Todd is Certified by The New Jersey Supreme Court as a Certified Civil Trial Attorney. This accreditation is given to attorneys who have demonstrated a superior level of knowledge and skill in a particular field of law. There are a number of requirements involved in becoming a Certified Civil Trial Attorney, including but not limited to, rigorous examinations and recommendations by both colleagues and judges who will attest to the applicant’s knowledge and character. Only 3% of the attorneys in New Jersey are Certified.
A proven track record of success
Proud to be involved in our local New Jersey community
Todd also recognizes the importance of giving back to the local community. He has been coaching the Morris County Special Olympics basketball program for over 15 years. As a result of his dedication to the community, he was honored to be selected as the Volunteer of the Year by the ARC of New Jersey and the ARC of Morris County in 2005. He also was instrumental in founding The Alvin R. Leonard Foundation, in honor of his late father, who mission is to help individuals and families battling pancreatic cancer.
We are proud to support the following charities and organizations:
HEALTH, MEDICAL & NATIONAL
- St. Jude Children’s Hospital
- American Cancer Society
- Jeff Gordon Children’s Hospital
- Tesori Family Foundation
- Goryeb Children’s Hospital
- “Caddy for a Cure” Charity
- V Foundation for Cancer Research
- Daytop Village, Inc.
- Precious Jules Childhood Cancer Foundation
- Roxbury, NJ Food Pantry
- Market Street Mission, Morristown
- Homeless Solutions, Morris County
- Hope House, a Division of Catholic Family & Community Services
- Roxbury Social Services
- Weequahic High School Alumni Association Scholarship Fund
- Long Valley Community Assistance Program
- Deirdre's House
- Interfaith Food Pantry
- Denville Police Athletic League (PAL) Basketball Teams
- Hub Soccer of Denville
- Roxbury Soccer Club
- Denville Girls Softball
- Parsippany PAL Basketball
- Mt. Olive Baseball & Softball Assn.
- Morris United Soccer Club
POLICE & LAW ENFORCEMENT
- The 200 Club of Morris County: Platinum Sponsor, Member and Trustee
- Roxbury Twp. PBA Local #311
- Denville PBA Local #142
- Mendham Twp. PBA
Todd serves on the Board of Trustees for TANJ (Trial Attorneys of New Jersey), which is comprised of some of the best trial lawyers in the State of New Jersey. Todd has a 10.0 Superb Rating from Avvo and is a member of the Brain Injury Alliance of New Jersey (BIANJ). Additionally, he is a member of the New Jersey Committee on Safety and Health (NJ COSH), an organization comprised of lawyers, doctors and unions, “working together to protect the rights of injured workers.”
Multi-Million Dollar Advocates
is a Life Member of the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums.
New Jersey Super Lawyers
Todd has been selected by his peers to the list of New Jersey Super Lawyers® in 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
Top 100 Trial Lawyers
Todd has been selected to the National Trial Lawyers list of “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” for New Jersey in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
PRO BONO WORK
Pro Bono Activities:
- Head Basketball Coach for the Special Olympics basketball program of Morris County for over 15 years
- Has been selected by the Arc of New Jersey as Volunteer of the Year in 2005
- He was also selected as the Volunteer of the Year by the Arc of Morris County in 2005
- Alvin R. Leonard Foundation – Helping individuals and families battling pancreatic cancer
- New Jersey State Bar
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware, 1988 Juris Doctor
- Syracuse University, 1985 Bachelor of Arts
ADMISSIONS & ASSOCIATIONS
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Certified Civil Trial Attorney
- Life Member of the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums
- Union County Bar Association Member
- Morris County Bar Association Member
- AAJ of New Jersey Member
- New Jersey Association for Justice member ( NJAJ)
- Brain Injury Alliance of New Jersey Member (BIANJ)
- Board of Trustees Member of Trial Attorneys of New Jersey (TANJ)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- New Jersey Committee on Safety and Health Member (NJ COSH)
HONORS AND AWARDS
Honors and Awards
- The National Trial Lawyers “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017
- 10.0 Superb Rating – Avvo
- New Jersey Super Lawyers® 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017
- Product Liability and Auto Accident – $29,500,000
- Drunk Driving Accident – Amputation – $3,500,000
- Auto Accident – Road Defect – $2,940,000
- Workplace Construction Accident – $2,500,000
- Fall Down Accident – $2,250,000
- Automobile Accident Involving a State Vehicle – $1,800,000
- Fatal Apartment Fire: Wrongful Death – $1,500,000
- Auto Accident – Wrongful Death – $1,365,000
- Auto Accident - Serious Injuries - $1,200,000
- Slip and Fall: Black Ice – $1,100,000
- Slip & Fall Accident – $1,000,000
- Fall Down Accident – $1,000,000