Do I sue the Uber driver if they hit me?
Over 30 years of experience. Over $100 million recovered for clients.
Do I sue the Uber driver if they hit me?
Yes. It is also to determine whether the driver was “on the clock” or not. “On the clock” means logged into the Uber app, meaning the driver is either looking for passengers or driving a passenger. If the Uber driver was not working at the time, then it would be similar to a regular motor vehicle accident. You would file suit against the driver and his personal insurance would defend them and provide any coverage assuming you won compensation for your personal injuries.
If the Uber driver is transporting a passenger and the driver is negligent and causes a crash, then the driver’s personal policy applies, as well as Uber’s policy of $1.5 million in coverage. However, if the Uber driver was on the clock, yet was not transporting a passenger, then the driver’s personal policy will apply, and Uber’s policy will still be available, however, it will be lowered as follows:
- $50,000 of coverage for bodily injury or death per person,
- $100,000 of coverage for bodily injury or death per accident,
- $25,000 of coverage for property damage.
Uber must also provide uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage in an amount of at least $1.5 million, which covers all who occupy the vehicle if another motorist causes an accident and does not have any insurance, or does not have sufficient insurance.
Other Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I Be Paid For Lost Wages Due To Being Unable To Work?
- Can I File A Lawsuit For Respiratory Illnesses Due To A Toxic Spill?
- Can I Get My Medical Bills Paid if Injured?
- Can I Receive Compensation?
- Do I Need To Hire An Attorney?
- Do I Need to Speak With A Doctor?
- Do I sue the Uber driver if they hit me?
- Does Uber’s insurance cover the accident or does the driver’s personal insurance?
- How Long Do I Have to File For A Personal Injury Claim?
- How Long Will My Personal Injury Case Take?
- How Much Can I Receive For My Injuries?
- How Much Does It Cost to Hire Todd J. Leonard Law Firm?
- How Will The Police or Accident Report Affect My Case?
- I was hit by a Lyft driver who was on the clock when he hit me. Does Lyft’s insurance cover the accident or the driver’s personal insurance?
- I was hit by a Lyft driver. What do I do now?
- I was hit by an Uber driver, however, he wasn’t on the clock when he hit me. Does Uber’s insurance cover the accident?
- I was hit by an Uber driver. What do I do now?
- I was in an accident with a Lyft driver, what do I do?
- I was in an accident with an Uber driver, what do I do?
- I’m a Lyft driver and another vehicle crashed into my car. What do I do?
- I’m a pedestrian who was hit by an Uber driver, what should I do?
- I’m an Uber driver and another vehicle crashed into my car. What do I do?
- If I Was Hurt At Work, Can I Still Receive Compensation?
- If I was injured in an accident involving an Uber driver, who is my lawsuit going after if I sue?
- If I’m hit by an Uber driver, how do you determine how much I should get?
- If I’m hit by an Uber driver, what types of damages can I get?
- Is Raiser, LLC actually Uber?
- Should I Settle With The Insurance Company?
- There Is A Possibility That I May Be At Fault or Partially At Fault For The Truck Accident. Will This Affect My Chances Of Receiving Compensation?
- What Is Considered A Commercial Truck Accident?
- What Is The “No-Zone?”
- When the Uber driver does not have a passenger, yet is logged into the Uber app and is looking for passengers, is the insurance coverage different?
- Who Is Liable For My Accident?
- Who Is Liable For My Truck Accident, The Driver or The Trucking Company?
- Who is the lawsuit going after if I sue the driver?
- Why Are Accidents Involving Trucks More Dangerous?
- Will My Case Go To Trial?
A proven track record of success
Request a Free Consultation
Being injured or having a family member injured can have serious and lifelong consequences. We can try to ease the burden. Contact us today to learn more about how our team of experienced New Jersey accident attorneys can support you through these challenging times.