Leonard & Leonard, P.A. New Jersey Accident Lawyers With Over 45 Years of Experience
Our New Jersey Injury Attorneys Verdicts & Settlements
If you have been seriously injured or lost a loved one as a result of any type of fatal accident in New Jersey such as a
car accident,pedestrian accident,bicycle accident, bus accident, ,truck accident ,workplace accident, sexual assault, inadequate security,product liability, or slip and fall accident, it is important to retain our experienced trusted New Jersey Accident attorneys who are dedicated to doing their best to get the maximum compensation you deserve. Our team of New Jersey Personal Injury Trial Lawyers have obtained millions of dollars for our clients for
over 45 years following all types of serious injuries such as amputations, fractures, RSD, burns, and fatal accidents. Both partners, Todd Leonard and Scott Leonard are
Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as Certified Civil Trial Lawyers and have been selected by their peers as New Jersey Super Lawyers.
Our New Jersey personal injury attorneys are dedicated to providing the best possible personal injury representation and many lawyers throughout New Jersey and the United States refer their serious personal injury and
wrongful death claims to our office. If you have questions or concerns regarding your particular case, please
contact an experienced New Jersey Accident Attorney today to schedule a free confidential and informative case evaluation.
Click here or call us toll free at
(888) 511-8853 to s
There is never a fee unless we obtain a recovery.
$29,500,000 – Passic County New Jersey Settlement and Judgement – A young boy while operating a motorized scooter was struck by a motorist in Wayne, New Jersey. Our office filed a lawsuit on behalf of the severely injured boy and his family against the driver, the helmet manufacturer, local dealer, as well as the manufacturer of the scooter. Our client sustained a significant
traumatic brain injury.
$3,500,000 – Judgment in Union County New Jersey–
Drunk Driving Accident- A young woman was struck by a drunk driver while crossing a street in Elizabeth, NJ. She sustained internal injuries and amputation of her leg.
$2,940,000 – Warren County New Jersey Settlement –
Road Defect – Woman in her twenties lost control on an icy road as a
- result of a road defect. She sustained a traumatic brain injury. We worked closely with our clients traumatic brain injury doctors and rehabilitation counselor. We also hired a professional engineer and accident reconstructionist to establish liability against the responsible parties.
$2,500,000 – Verdict in Essex County New Jersey –Workplace Construction Accident – Man in his mid forties from Newton New Jersey sustained serious injuries while working at a construction site in Livingston, NJ when he was struck by a backhoe operated by an outside contractor which resulted in a cervical
fusion and total disability. The defendants disputed liability and blamed our clients medical problems on pre-existing medcial conditions. We hired various experts including a professional engineer, economist, orthopedist and psychiatrist to help prove our clients case. After a lengthy trial the jurors returned a verdict in our clients favor.
Read a news article about this lawsuit.
- $2,250,000 – Union County New Jersey Settlement – A woman from Livingston, New Jersey,in her fifties fell on defective curbing at a bank. She sustained an ankle fracture and as a result of her diabetic condition she developed complications which ultimately resulted in the amputation of her legs.
$1,900,000 - Essex County New Jersey Settlement- Truck Accident- A woman in her early 60s was cut off by a company pickup truck causing her to loose control on the Garden State Parkway in Bloomfield, New Jersey. She sustained a
traumatic brain injury including a subdural hematoma and subarachnoid hematoma. As a result of her serious and permanent injuries she was declared totally disabled. The defendants denied liability blaming our client for the accident. Our office worked closely with an accident reconstructionist and after extensive discovery we were able to locate an independent witness who confirmed our clients version of the accident. Following two mediation sessions with a retired judge the case settled. Scott Leonard of Leonard & Leonard was successful in arguing the case and securing a substantial settlement for the victim. The case and Scott Leonard were featured in New Jersey Law Journal which can be viewed by
$1,800,000 – Passaic County New Jersey Settlement – Automobile Accident – Seventeen year old passenger from Elizabeth, NJ while in a state vehicle sustained a traumatic brain injury and a cervical injury resulting in a cervical
fusion when the vehicle lost control on the Garden State Parkway in Clifton, NJ and overturned and he was ejected from the vehicle. Read a news article about this lawsuit.
$1,365,000 – Warren New Jersey Settlement – Auto accident –
Wrongful Death – A 22 year old motorist was involved in fatal accident. Our filed a wrongful death claim. We worked very closely with an accident reconstructionist to establish liability against the responsible parties. We also hired a pain and suffering expert, a forensic pathologist, to document the survival claim.
$1,075,000 – Middlesex County New Jersey Settlement –
Work place Injury – A truck driver while making a delivery at a warehouse was struck by an outside contractor who was operating
forklift. Our client sustained injuries to his neck which resulted in a cervical
fusion.We hired a forklift expert to establish the standard of care for a forklift operator.
$1,000,000 - Bergen County New Jersey Settlement-
Premises Liability Accident. Our client, from Wallington, New Jersey fell in the Riverside Square Mall in Hackensack, New Jersey sustaining serious injuries to her back. ,and was declared totally disabled by social security. The defendants denied liability but we were able to prove that they were on notice of multiple prior falls including another lawsuit. They also argued that our client's medical problems were based on her prior car accident and degeneration. We obtained medical reports from her treating doctors to document how this accident worsened her pre-existing conditions. After a lengthy mediation session we settled the case just prior to trial. The case was featured in the New Jersey Law Journal, which can be
$945,000- Morris County New Jersey Settlement, Federal District Court Newark, New Jersey-Truck Accident- Workplace Injury- A truck driver from Wharton, New Jersey in his 50s sustained serious injuries to his back aggravating a pre-existing condition when he was rear-ended by another tractor trailer. Our client required a fusion of his back and also became very depressed due to his limitations. The defendants argued that his problems were not from this accident but from prior injuries. Our office hired various experts to prove that his prior condition was worsened by this accident and that his economic losses were substantial. Our office filed the case in Federal District Court in Newark, New Jersey and the case settled after extensive discovery was exchanged.
- $825,000 – Essex County New Jersey Settlement – Workplace Injury – A factory worker in his thirties was crushed to death while using a defective product. Our office filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the manufacturer ,distributor and local dealer. We hired a professional engineer to document the product defect and an economist to evaluate the economic losses sustained by the estate. The Case settled during trial in Newark, New Jersey.
$750,000 – Hudson County Settlement – Workplace Injury/Product Liability – A warehouse worker who was in his early twenties sustained a crush injury to his ankle and developed reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) when a co-worker ran over his foot as a result of a defective fork lift. Our office brought a product liability lawsuit against the manufacturer, distributor and local dealer.
$750,000 – Middlesex County New Jersey Settlement –Auto Accident – A man in his forties from Middlesex County was struck in the rear on the Garden State Parkway and suffered back injuries, which required pain management injections and back surgery.
- $740,000 – Middlesex County New Jersey Settlement – Automobile Accident – A man in his forties sustained injuries to his neck which resulted in cervical surgery when he was involved in an automobile accident in Middlesex County, NJ.
$725,000 – Morris County New Jersey Settlement – Truck Accident- Tractor trailer rear-ended a woman in her fifties on Route 287 in Morris County, NJ. She sustained injuries to her neck resulting in cervical
fusion. Case settled during mediation.
- $700,000 – Middlesex County New Jersey Settlement – Workplace Injury – A truck driver while picking up merchandise at a warehouse in Edison, NJ slipped and fell on a wet floor, resulting in back surgery. The case was settled after mediation.
$692,000– Judgment in Union County New Jersey-
Motorcycle Accident – A woman in her twenties sustained serious injuries in a motorcycle accident.
- $680,000 – Middlesex County New Jersey Settlement – Automobile Accident – A teenager was a passenger in a friend's car in Middlesex County, NJ which lost control and struck a tree resulting in a bladder injury.
$630,000 – Middlesex County New Jersey Settlement –
Workplace Injury – A man in his forties filed a lawsuit against his employer as a result of sustaining serious personal injuries when he was given a defective garbage truck to use in Oldbridge, NJ even though there was a serious safety issues with the truck. Our office was successful in defeating the defendant’s motion for summary judgment based on the worker’s compensation bar since the employers conduct was so egregious. The case settled after mediation.
$625,000 – Union County New Jersey Settlement –Slip and Fall – A woman in her sixties from Elizabeth New Jersey slipped and fell on ice on the sidewalk at her apartment complex in Elizabeth, NJ suffering leg injuries resulting in a total knee replacement.
- $620,000 – Essex County New Jersey Settlement , Federal District Court Newark, New Jersey– Civil Rights Claim – A Newark man in his forties was attending his son’s hockey game in Newark, NJ when he was assaulted by an off-duty police officer who was working for a security firm. Our client sustained a significant ankle fracture resulting in mutliple surgeries.
- $600,000- Morris County New Jersey Settlement- Product liability workplace accident- A man in his 40s sustained serious personal injuries to his neck and vocal cord,while in the course of employment in Rockaway, New Jersey , when he got trapped in a machine. Our office filed suit against the manufacturer based on claims that they placed a defective product into the stream of commerce. We also sued the employer for discovery purposes to learn more about the accident and the equipment. The defendant manufacturer denied liability and our office engaged in significant discovery including taking the depositions of numerous witnesses and defendant representatives. We also hired a professional engineer to inspect the machine and all of the discovery exchanged, as well as an orthopedist and vocal cord expert to assist our office in proving our case. After an extensive mediation session with a retired judge, we settled the case.
- $600,000-Essex County New Jersey Settlement-Wrongful Death- Trip and Fall- A Newark resident in his early 60s tripped and fell at a commercial establishment in Newark New Jersey sustaining serious ankle fractures requiring multiple surgeries. He developed Charcot joint and underwent reconstructive surgery. Unfortunately, he died as a result of complications.Our office retained multiple experts including a professional engineer,economist, and orthopedic surgeons. The case settled during mediation.
$600,000 – Morris County New Jersey Settlement –
Slip and fall accident- A woman in her forties who worked at a local supermarket, slipped and fell on a wet floor sustaining injuries resulting in neck surgery ( Fusion).
- $500,000- Hunterdon County New Jersey Settlement Wrongful Death road defect- A woman in her 60s was killed while riding as a passenger when her vehicle lost control on an icy road. Our investigation revealed that as a result of a road defect water would pond on the road causing it to freeze in the winter months. We worked closely with our accident reconstructionist and professional engineer to establish liability. We also retained the services of an economist. The case settled during mediation.
- $500,000-Morris County New Jersey Settlement- Pedestrian Accident- A nurse in her 30s sustained serious injuries while walking in the crosswalk on her way into work at Morristown Medical Center, in Morristown New Jersey. She sustained serious orthopedic injuries and extensive scarring.
- $500,000 – Essex County New Jersey Settlement – A man in his fifties lost control of his vehicle and struck a wall sustaining serious personal injuries. Our firm sued the manufacturer of the automobile due to a defect. The defendant denied any responsibility but after we engaged in extensive discovery and hired an automotive expert the case was settled at trial.
$485,000 – Essex County Settlement –Pedestrian Accident – A woman in her fifties was crossing a street in Livingston, New Jersey and was struck by a motor vehicle that did not see her, sustaining serious knee injuries resulting in surgeries.
$475,000 – Settlement –
Product Liability – A woman in her sixties used a defective contact lens solution resulting in cornea damage.
$460,000 – Middlesex County New Jersey Settlement –
Premises Liability – A middle aged woman fell as a result of a defective step in an office building in Edison, NJ. She sustained injuries to her back, resulting in back surgery. The Defendants originally denied liability, but after extensive discovery, including deposing the defendant twice, the case resolved.
- $450,000 – Union County New Jersey Settlement – Amusement Park – A woman in her sixties from Elizabeth, New Jersey fell at Great Adventure as a result of a defective walkway sustaining injuries to her eye causing loss of vision.
- $385,000 – Essex County New Jersey Settlement – Roadway Defect/Wrongful Death – An eighteen year old woman while on her way to college lost control of her vehicle as a result of pooling/ponding of water in West Orange and she was killed. The case settled during trial in Essex County, NJ.
$360,000 – Middlesex County New Jersey Settlement – Slip and Fall on
Snow and Ice – A man in his forties slipped and fell while leaving a supermarket in Middlesex County, NJ, on snow and ice during a snow storm sustaining injuries to his neck aggravating a pre-existing condition resulting in additional cervical surgery.
- $350,000- Bergen County New Jersey Settlement- Workplace accident fall from a ladder- A man in his thirties fell from approximately 17 feet while working, when his ladder slid out from underneath him. He sustained serious injuries to his arm and ankle. He underwent an open reduction internal fixation( ORIF) for his broken arm. Our office filed a lawsuit against the owner of the property and the general contractor. We hired an engineer to establish liability against the defendants. The case settled during mediation.
$350,000 – Essex County New Jersey Settlement –
Motorcycle Accident and road defect – A man in his fifties while on his way to work on the Garden State Parkway lost control as a result of a roadway defect sustaining ankle injuries which required two surgeries. Our office worked extensively with professional engineers to establish that the paving work was not done properly, Case settled during mediation.
- $345,000- Essex County New Jersey Settlement- Bus accident- A woman in her 40s from Irvington New Jersey sustained injuries to her neck and back requiring a neck fusion as result of being struck by a bus. The defendant bus driver denied she was in an accident but we were able to establish through our investigation and analysis that the bus driver was at fault.
- $345,000 –Morris County New Jersey Settlement – Workplace Injury/Product Defect – A truck driver in his forties fell on a defective floor in a trailer sustaining injuries to his hip which resulted in hip surgery.
- $292,899.84- Morris County New Jersey Settlement- Car Accident- A woman in her early fifties from Morris County , was seriously injured when another motorist made an improper turn from a stop sign. She underwent surgery to repair her fractured dominant arm. The case settled for the remaining policy limits.
$289,981 - Morris County New Jersey Settlement-
Drunk driving accident - A man in his thirties sustained serious injuries when he was involved in a head on collision with a drunk driver in Jefferson, New Jersey. His injuries including splenic laceration, pelvic fractures, multiple disc herniations of cervical spine and scarring of face and ear. The defendants insurance carrier paid our clients property damage and the drunk driver's passenger a nominal sum, and we settled the case for the remaining policy limits.
$280,000 –Union County New Jersey Settlement –
Pedestrian Accident – A young girl, age 7, was struck by a motorist, causing her to sustain serious injuries, in Union, NJ. The family members of our young client witnessed the accident and sustained psychiatric injuries – post traumatic distress order. The case settled for the full policy limits of $100,000.00 for the young girl and an additional $180,000.00 for her family members.
$250,000 – Morris County New Jersey Verdict in Morris County –Slip and fall accident on Commercial Property – A woman in her sixties fell on ice at her apartment complex, injuring her hip, resulting in surgery. The Defendants denied liability and the case was tried to a successful verdict.
- $250,000 – Essex County New Jersey Settlement – Federal Employers Liability Act ( FELA) Claim – A railroad worker for NJ Transit fell while in the course of employment as a result of a dangerous workplace, sustaining injuries to his back. Defendants denied liability and the case settled at the time of trial.
- $250,000 – Union County New Jersey Settlement – Automobile Accident/Workplace Injury – A man in his forties while working as a volunteer police officer in Rahway, NJ sustained injuries to his back resulting in back surgery. Case settled for the full policy limits of $250,000.00.
- $250,000 – Ocean County New Jersey Trip and Fall on Commercial Property – Premises Liability- A woman in her sixties tripped and fell on a defective step at a motel sustaining injuries to her hip resulting in surgery. The case settled during mediation.
- $250,000 – Morris County New JerseyTrip and Fall at local post office in Harding, NJ – A woman in her fifties tripped and fell as a result of defective steps sustaining injuries to her foot requiring surgery. She developed reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD). The case settled during trial.
- $237,500 – Essex County New Jersey Settlement – Slip and Fall – A woman in her thirties fell as a result of defective steps while visiting a friend at an apartment complex in East Orange, NJ sustaining injuries to her ankle, resulting in multiple surgeries.
- $225,000- Ocean County New Jersey Settlement- Car Accident- A man in his sixties was rear ended by another motorist in New York City. He sustained injuries to his neck and back and his knee aggravating pre-existing conditions.
- $225,000 – Middlesex County New Jersey Settlement – Auto Accident – A middle aged woman, while traveling on the parkway in Edison, NJ, was struck by another motorist who lost control of her vehicle, resulting in an injury to her arm and nerve surgery.
$225,000 - Middlesex County New Jersey Settlement –Premises Liability – A man in his sixties sustained injuries to his back, resulting in surgery, when a chair at a local Dunkin’ Donuts’ collapsed in Colonia, NJ.
- $221,000 – Essex County New Jersey Settlement – Bus Accident – A man in his thirties while on an airport shuttle bus at Newark International Airport sustained injuries to his back, resulting in back surgery when the driver struck a parked vehicle. The Defendants alleged that the surgery was not due to the accident, but rather to a long standing back problem, which he had received extensive treatment prior to the accident. The case settled at mediation.
- $210,000 – Sussex County New Jersey Settlement – Premises Liability – A twenty year old man sustained serious injuries to his ankle when he fell out of a second story converted barn in Sussex County, NJ. The Defendants disputed liability and we hired an expert to prove the case against the property owner. The case settled at mediation.
$200,000 - Verdict in Union County- Auto accident- A woman in her thirties sustained injuries to her neck and back including a disc herniation when another vehicle ran a red light. The defendants originally denied liability and argued that the plaintiff did not sustain a permanent injury based on objective medical evidence. At the time of trial the defendants conceded liability but brought in a defense orthopedist to advise the jury that our clients injuries were not permanent. They also argued she had degenerative changes in her spine. Our senior associate, J. Sean Connelly, brought in our clients treating doctor, a board certified orthopedic surgeon and the jury rejected the defendants arugments and found in our clients favor. To read an in-depth statement of the case from the New Jersey Law Journal,
- $155,000 – Middlesex County New Jersey Settlement – Work Place Injury/Premises Liability – A man in his thirties wile making a sliding glass door delivery, sustained injuries to his back (herniated disc) when the steps collapsed. The case settled during mediation.
- $125,000 – Burlington County New Jersey Settlement – Amusement Park accident – A man in his twenties while on a log flume sustained injuries to his neck requiring epidural injections.
- $100,000- Union County New Jersey Settlement- Auto Accident- A woman in her sixties from Elizabeth, New Jersey sustained a fracture to her arm requiring surgery. The defendants settled the case for the full policy limits.
* Results vary depending on facts of each case.
Let our team of experienced New Jersey Personal Injury Trial Lawyers protect your rights today. If you have a potential case please contact us now for a free confidential
case evaluation. There is never a fee unless we obtain a recovery.